UPDATES and INFO:
The Summer Term is now underway. SCROLL DOWN to see our offerings and prices. Registration is open and ongoing. Camps and classes fill quickly, so register early!
FALL schedule is now available! Look below! Registration starts August 1st.
Go to REGISTRATION for more info.
FALL 2017 CLASS SCHEDULE
- September 14th- December 15th
- Classes are 11-12 weeks
- Call for placement help
DANCE WITH ME:
- (age 2-3, w/adult)
- Fri. 10:00-10:30 a.m.
- I - (age 3 1/2-5) Fri., 10:45-11:30 a.m.
- IIA -(age 3 1/2-5) Mon., 3:45-4:30 p.m.
- IIB - (age 3 1/2-5) Fri., 2:30-3:15 p.m.
- III - (age 4-6) Wed., 3:15-4:00 p.m.
- I - (age 6+)
**IA -Tuesday, 3:30-4:20 p.m.
**IB- (w/ placement) Thurs., 3:30-4:20 p.m.
- II - (age 8+) Mon., 4:45-5:45 p.m.
- III - (age 10+) Tue., 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- IV - (with placement) Fri., 3:30-4:40 p.m.
- Beginning/Adv. Beg. - (teen/adult) Tues., 6:40-7:55 p.m.
- Intermediate/Advanced - (teen/adult) Mon., 6:15-7:45 p.m.
- BROADWAY - (teen/adult, open level) Mon., 8:00-9:00 p.m.
- LYRICAL - (age 11-15, open level) Tues., 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- LYRICAL - (Adult - age 16+, open level) Tues., 8:00-9:00 p.m.
- I - (age 7 1/2+) Wed., 4:15-5:05 p.m.
- II - (age 10+) Thurs., 5:45-6:45 p.m.
- III - (with placement) Wed., 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- IV - (with placement) Thur., 4:30-5:40 p.m.
- Beginning - (teen/adult) Wed., 8:00-9:00 p.m.
- Adv. Beg. - (teen/adult) Thur., 7:00-8:15 p.m.
- Intermediate - (teen/adult) Wed., 6:45-7:55 p.m.
- (Schedule is tentative)
- September 14th- December 15th
- January 4th- March 23rd
- April 3rd- June 16th
- Making Spirits Bright - December
- Terpsichore - March
- Dance Gallery - April
- Spring Showcase - June
Welcome to Downtown Dance
Located in downtown Corvallis, we offer a variety of classes for ages 2 - adult. Our focus is on contemporary dance forms such as hip-hop, contemporary and jazz. Our goal is to be a center where everybody can experience the joy of dance. Most classes are taught by founder and artistic director, Katherine Sanders. Katherine has over twenty years of both teaching and choreography experience in the dance field.
SUMMER SCHEDULE 2016
All camps and classes have limited space. Register early!
Let's Dance! Camp
Leap and twirl in this fun, imaginative morning camp! Creative movement games, dance exercises and active storytelling provide a wonderful introduction to the world of dance. Crafts and snacks are provided. Age 4-7. $99 per session.
Session I: June 20- 23, Monday-Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-12:00 noon
Session II: July 18- 21, Monday-Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-12:00 noon
Session III: August 8- 11, Monday-Tursday, 9:30 a.m.-12:00 noon
Dance Days! Camp
Dance your days away at Downtown Dance! This fun, active camp will explore a variety of dance styles, including jazz, modern, hip-hop and creative dance. Perfect for the dance enthusiast! Camp ends with an informal performance. Snack provided. Age 7-10. $99 per session.
Session I: June 27- 30, Monday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Session II: August 1- 4, Monday- Thursday, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Making Dances! Camp
Come explore the world of choreography! Through group participation, games and dance skill activities, dancers will learn what is involved in creating dances. Previous dance experience is helpful, but not required. Camp ends with an informal performance. Age 11- 17. $79 per session
Session I: July 26- 28, Tuesday- Thursday, 1:00- 4:00 p.m.
Dance Sampler (Age 8-12)
Thursdays, 7/7 – 8/4, 6:30-7:30 p.m. 5 weeks, $56
Contemporary Dance (Teen/Adult) – Open level
Wednesdays, 6/29- 8/10, 6:15- 7:30 p.m. 7 weeks, $81
Broadway Jazz (Teen/Adult) – Open Level
Wednesdays, 7/6- 8/3, 7:45- 9:00 p.m. 5 weeks, $58
Dance Improvisation (Teen/Adult) - Open level
Mondays, 7/11-8/8, 7:45- 9:00 p.m. 5 weeks, $58
Lyrical (Teen/Adult) – Open Level
Tuesdays, 7/5-8/9, 6:15- 7:30 p.m. 6 weeks, $70
Hip-Hop (Teen/Adult) – Open Level
Tues. & Thurs., 7/5-8/11, 7:45-9:00 p.m.
6 weeks - 1x/wk = $70 2x/wk = $125
ZUMBA With Katherine!
Mondays, 6/20-8/8, 6:15-7:15 p.m. 7 weeks (no class 7/4), $50 (Drop-ins: $8)